Component feeding is one of the major factor in product assembly efficiency. When facing difficult parts to be fed or multiple variants, Mikron has the solution : Polyfeed – the high flexible feeding system
You can count on it for unmatched flexibility, short delivery time, reusability and speed. Mikron Polyfeed is a flexible feeding system based on the use of visual recognition and vertical vibration systems to identify parts in their various forms and positions. The feeding speed can reach 80 parts/min, depending on component design, with component sizes from 1 to 50 mm cube size.
From chaos to order in 5 steps
- Two different parts can be loaded in bulk into the buffer
- Parts drop by vibration from buffer onto a selection plate
- The selection plate is vibrated at specific frequencies and amplitudes to agitate the components.
- A vision system inspects the components on the selection plate and identifies which are laying in a position suitable for being picked. The coordinates are sent to the 4-axis robot.
- The robot picks all identified components placing them in the proper orientation to a part nest. Operations are repeated alternately on two selection plates to ensure a non stop feeding.
Pre-orientation of the components
The selection plate, designed to optimize the number of good pickable parts