Making complexity accessible
Mikron Automation is your worldwide partner for advanced automation solutions. At Mikron we are committed to delivering the best assembly systems and all needed services throughout your product’s entire life cycle. With our extensive engineering know-how, complex process expertise, scalable platforms, and lifelong support we are driving lasting success for your business.
Your main tasks
A successful Controls Engineering Technician will collaborate with the Controls Engineering and Electrical technician groups to support base machine pre-check/final check and IO verification. This will include set up and power up base machines and debug installation support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate MDE methods for completion of the base machine setup (set up IP addresses, load software, restoring HMI, initial testing, electrical and safety circuit troubleshooting)
- Demonstrate knowledge of MDE control system of the base machine: Electrical and Software (Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI)
- Preparation of the first draft of the EL BOM
- Review of the electrical hardware with the Lead CE.
- Release of the specific electrical hardware in the ERP system
- Ensure parts have been received before the start of electrical build
- Release pre-assembly package (SDS binder, schematics)
- Understand electrical components, schematics and ability to redline Debug support under a lead CE
- Participate in IO verification on different projects to guarantee machine quality.
- Prepare Final documentation
- Support ET with final electrical checks and misc. tasks
- Installation support to power up equipment and PLC/HMI support
- Support Controls Engineering groups (HMI code prep, documentation, misc. tasks, …)
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- High school diploma or Associate degree, or internationally recognized equivalent.
- Properly use diagnostic equipment, e.g. multi-meter, and oscilloscope, EMI meter, …
- Effectively diagram control system communication networks, troubleshoot to verify reliability
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to travel as requested
- Must be available to work overtime
- May be required to work off shift hours and Holidays
- Must have a valid state Driver license
Company Offered Benefits:
- 10 paid holidays (2 floating)
- Parental Leave
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & ADD
- FSA, HSA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Straight Time OT Eligible
- 401k with matching up to 5%, immediately vested
- Tuition and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Professional Growth Opportunities
If you are interested what you have read and want to join our team, we would be keen to hear from you!